Thursday 23 February 2012

Yesterday was one of those days. . .

I knew it would be crap when I woke up and my left wrist was locked. I just knew it.


I took my sulfasalazine and ate my breakfast, ever since I've been on these tablets I've been hot then cold the hot again. I can't find any mention of that anywhere on-line and the doctor didn't include it in the list of side effects. Is it just me?  There's also the achiness, loads of people on-line say they feel sick all the time on sulfasalazine but they don't say anything about joints aching and hurting. Ever sine I had my right wrist fused the HSB reckons that I'm turning into a hypochondriac, maybe I am.


I was in university half 8 until 6 so yesterday was a long arsed day. Some of the people I thought were my friends turned out not to be and that was just kinda one of those things that made the day extra unbearable. Basically we went to the student bar to wait for out next lecture and in swans one of the other members of our group, I'm going to call her L. She swans in, not having bothered with any of since last Thursday and tells us she doesn't like the section of the bar we're sitting in, can we move. The other two people grab their stuff and start to move. I put my foot down, I am not going any where I said. My 'friend' R and I were the first to get to the student bar and we decided not to move from there when everyone else came. She said that she wasn't moving for L either because she was sick of her dictating to her. This whole moving to where L wants happens a lot and usually I just move. But yesterday my hip was hurting and once I'd gotten comfy I really didn't want to get up again, at some points during the day I wondered if i could get up again unaided. I told them why I didn't want to move and they left anyway. They left me sitting on my own. I told R she was being a hypocrite and a coward and then I left. They then ignored me during our 3 o'clock lecture. Who needs enemies when you have friends like these? What happened to when being friends actually meant something?


There are some things that I just can't stand and thinking about L, she seems to represent nearly of them.


She's rude - When she stayed at  R's house last weekend on Sunday she told R's grandmother that time was getting on and they had to leave. Even though R was driving and had told L seconds before that she didn't want to leave yet.  Dictating and rude much?


She's arrogant - She keeps telling everyone that she is of 'Oxford-stock' because her mother and father went there. Look around honey, you didn't get into Oxford. You came instead to a university where you can fail all your A levels and still get in.


She lives like a pig - When we were closer friends I used to go and hang about in her flat, she'd have the whole group over, girls and boys. She didn't care in the slightest that her dirty knickers were all over the floor, or that her bin was overflowing or that the sandwiches left from last week had gone mouldy on her desk. You couldn't move in her room from the clothes and rubbish every where. We even offered to tidy her room for her! When we asked her why she was so untidy, she told us it was because she has a maid at home and wasn't used to tidying up herself.




Thanks for letting me rant and get some some of my frustrations out. Some days are just harder than others because of the little things that get under your skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment